Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Find your Neverland :)

As you step into the sun, you feel the change from cold to warm
like you are in bed with a cozy blanket.
You stand there, basking in the glorious sunlight and close your eyes
only for a moment.
All of a sudden you hear a smoothe jazz song, almost like Miles Davis
is performing in front of you.
It’s a simple song but couldn’t be more full of life.
As you drift to the song you can’t help but smell the fresh coffee.
Your senses are overwhelmed by the noise, smell, and feel of the sun
but you are at peace.
You find your escape in warmth of the sun, sound of jazz, and smell of
fresh coffee.
All that is bad disappears when you open your eyes to a new world.
A world filled with people who support you, people who love you, and
most important of all people who listen to you.
The world is not what it was and in that moment you realize it was your choice.

Hey guys, I know I haven’t written in a while and it’s because I forgot how freeing it was to write. I almost forgot how much I enjoyed it. For a while now, I’ve been incredibly stressed with school and trying to keep my grades up but also do well in sports. This poem is one that is very personal because these are all the things that I find my escape in. The sweet sound of Miles Davis and other Jazz musicians and the smell of coffee all wrapped up with the warmth of the sun. I chose to put stress on myself and I realized that writing and expressing my thoughts were my escape to all the bundled up stress. I chose to keep it bundled up and not let it go and now that I have I cannot tell you the amount of weight that has been lifted off my shoulders, that is of course metaphorically. Now what’s the point to all of this? Good question, because I don’t know….. JUST KIDDING. The point is to make sure that you find your escape to all your bundled up feelings. They shouldn’t be something that you ignore because eventually they will all catch up to you and that feeling is heart wrenching. Through whatever you can make sure you find your escape and keep it with you. You never know when you will need it. It’s your happy place and no one should ever destroy that, especially not you. Stay kind my loves and have a wonderful day. :)

1 comment: